Body contouring surgery gives patients the opportunity to eliminate excess fat in virtually any area of the body for a more youthful, fit appearance. San Antonio plastic surgeon Dr. Matthew Bindewald offers a variety of procedures to assist in the removal of excess skin and restore a shapelier contour.
Generally, multiple procedures will be performed to address different areas of the body, and this may occur through a series of operations over an extended period of time. Whenever possible, Dr. Bindewald tries to accomplish as much as is safely possible and perform most surgeries in a single session in less than 6-8 hours.
While your selected procedures are tailored specifically to your unique goals, here is a list of some of the procedures that Dr. Bindewald will review with you:
- Mastopexy (Breast Lift) - A breast lift will remove excess skin near the breasts and reduce the appearance of sagging breasts.
- Breast Augmentation – Some women chose to combine a breast augmentation with the breast lift. This procedure enhances the breast shape and contour through implants.
- Gynecomastia: After weight loss, many males experience excess sagging breast tissue; this may be treated by liposuction alone or in combination with skin excision.
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) - This procedure frees up all of the extra or redundant abdominal skin and fat by removing the excess skin around the abdomen and may be used to tighten the abdominal muscles.
- Upper Body Lift - can include direct excision of rolls of skin from the upper back or sides of the chest. These operations are individualized for each situation.
- Belt Lipectomy (Lower Body Lift) – a comprehensive procedure to address the complete lower body; reshapes the patient's abdomen, hips, thighs, and buttocks.
- Buttocks and Thigh Lift: These lifts remove excess skin and tighten the skin and soft tissues near the buttocks and upper thighs. This is often performed in conjunction with Abdominoplasty.
- Brachioplasty (Arm Lift): This procedure removes excess skin and fat from the arms to reduce the “bat wing” effect, typically from the armpit down to the elbow, resulting in a shapelier arm.
- Fat Transfer - this procedure removes fat from one part of the body and injects it into another to restore fullness and provide a youthful look.
The results of Body Contouring will be immediately visible and further improvement in appearance will occur during the months following surgery. The changes typically seen are not subtle; they are truly dramatic and can be life changing. You can expect your new look to last, as long as you maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle.
Please contact our San Antonio office at 844-DR-MATTB (844.376.2882) to schedule your consultation with board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Matthew Bindewald and to learn more about your Body Contouring options. Dr. Bindewald will be happy to meet with you to discuss your goals and work with you to create a unique plan tailored to your specific needs.
Want more information on body contouring options in San Antonio? Try these on to see if they're a fit!